Different Forms of Tobacco
- Cause the same harmful effects as smoking cigarettes.
- Like cigarettes, cigars also contain nicotine which is highly addictive.
- Like cigarettes, cigars also contain toxic chemicals that are released when burned.
- Increase a person’s risk of getting cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs and esophagus.
- Young adults aged 18-24 use cigarillos three times more often than those over 24 years old.
- The tobacco industry uses marketing that appeals to young adults.
- Is not safer than cigarettes.
- Is addictive.
- Contains more nicotine than cigarettes.
- Also known as waterpipe or shisha.
- Is not safer than smoking cigarettes.
- Causes many of the same harmful health effects as smoking cigarettes.
- Produces smoke containing toxic chemicals that may cause cancer.
- A one hour long hookah session involves breathing in 100–200 times the volume of smoke that you would inhale from a single cigarette.
- Infectious diseases (such as tuberculosis) can be spread when sharing a hookah.