Bed bugs are small insects (about the size of an apple seed) with oval-shaped bodies and no wings. They usually come out and bite at night. It is possible for anyone, anywhere to experience a bed bug infestation. Bed bugs can be prevented and controlled by an Integrated Pest Management Program that includes:
- Prevent: even the cleanest houses, hotels or apartments can have bed bugs, but regular inspection and cleaning can help you prevent an infestation.
- Identify: one of the best ways to control a bed bug infestation is to spot the problem early and act quickly.
- Act: if you find bed bugs in your home or apartment, talk to your landlord, building manager, or a pest control professional.
- Health Canada - Bed Bugs
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Bed Bugs
- National Collaborating Centres for Public Health
- Toronto Public Health - Bed Bugs
Request a Display
Durham Region Health Department, Environmental Health Division can provide a Bed Bug Awareness display upon request.