Don't Wait and See with a child's development!
Call Durham Health Connection Line at 905-666-6241 or 1-800-841-2729 for your free colouring book.
By 18 MONTHS, a child should be able to:
- Point to at least three body parts when asked
- Enjoy being read to and identify pictures in a book
- Say 20 words or more
- Demonstrate some pretend play with toys
- Use a variety of familiar gestures e.g. waving, reaching up
- Show affection for people, pets or toys
- Walk on their own
- Look at you when you are talking or playing together
- Hold, bite and chew crackers or other crunchy foods
- Stack three or more blocks
The first years of life have a huge impact on a child’s ability to learn at school.
Ask a doctor or nurse practitioner about The Enhanced 18 Month Well Baby Visit.
Children are always learning to do new things as they move through different stages. As your child grows contact the Durham Region Health Department for more information
Take Our Quiz!
You are your child's best teacher. Click here to find out what you know about your child’s growth and development milestones at 18 months!
To learn more about healthy development and prepare for your child's Enhanced 18-Month Well-Baby Visit, talk to your primary health care provider or call a Public Health Nurse at Durham Health Connection Line 905-666-6241 or 1-800-841-2729.
- If you do not have a family primary health care provider, call Health Care Connect at 1-800-445-1622.