Baby on the way?
By knowing what to expect and planning ahead you can be more confident about breastfeeding
Mothers who are confident:
Know why breastfeeding is important
- Breastfeeding Matters
An important guide to breastfeeding for women and their families (PDF)
- Get the Facts on... Breastfeeding
- 10 Great Reasons to Breastfeed your Baby
Know how to get breastfeeding off to the best start
- 10 Valuable Tips for Successful Breastfeeding
- Skin-to-Skin is the healthiest place to begin (PDF)
- Breastfeeding Birth to 6 Months
Prenatal Breastfeeding Package
Order a free copy! Call Durham Health Connection Line at 905-666-6241 or 1-800-841-2729.
Know how to tell their baby is feeding well
Know where to go for help with breastfeeding if they are unsure
Know about the benefits of support from family and friends
- To Family and Friends: Your Support for Breastfeeding makes a difference!
- To Grandparents: Your Support for Breastfeeding Makes a Difference!