Representatives of the Health Department work with key personnel in other agencies (Fire Department, Works Department, Ministry of Labour, and the Ministry of Environment) to investigate and respond to different types of emergencies (natural disasters, toxic emissions, chemical spills, industrial fires, nuclear accidents) that occur in the community.
Potassium Iodide (KI) PillsResources
- Potassium Iodide (KI) Pills Distribution Campaign (preparetobesafe.ca)
- Potassium Iodide pills available to residents at local drug stores
- Q&A/Fact Sheet - Potassium Iodide (KI) Pills
Potassium Iodide (KI) Pills Information Sessions
Do you have questions about KI pills? Come to one of the information sessions being held in Durham Region in October. Each session will be from 5 - 9 p.m. and also includes a presentation at 7 p.m.
Dates and Locations:
- Oct. 20 at Pickering Recreational Centre, 1867 Valley Farm Rd.,
- Oct. 26 at McLean Community Centre, 95 Magill Dr., Ajax,
- Oct. 27 at the OPG Pickering Nuclear Information Centre, 1675 Montgomery Park. Rd, Pickering