Shady Behaviour at Home
Shade is one of the best defences against the sun’s radiation. Seeking shade during midday hours when the sun’s ultraviolet rays (UVR) are at their peak is particularly important.
Shade is an important part of sun safety practices. It protects against the damaging health effects of UVR: shade alone can reduce overall exposure to sun’s UVR by 75%.
Consider the following information to create your own shade at home:
- Made for Shade Project
- Types of Shade (natural, portable, built)
- Shade Recommendations for the Home
- Measuring Your Shade (Shade Audit)
- Reflective Surfaces Chart
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor for Fabrics
- Quiz: Test Your Shade IQ
- Shade Survey
Shade rule: Short shadow, seek shade!