The Region of Durham Business Count
Count your business in!
The Regional Municipality of Durham, Planning and Economic Development Department and its municipal partners conduct an annual count of businesses within the region.
Between May and September, the Region's Business Count team visit each and every business establishment in Durham to gather basic information about the type and nature of the business, the number of employees, floor space, etc. The success of this important survey depends upon the assistance and co-operation of the region's business community.
Business Count Highlights
- Durham Region Business Count Highlights 2016 (PDF)
- Durham Region Business Count Highlights 2015 (PDF)
- Durham Region Business Count Highlights 2014 (PDF)
How will the information be used?
The information being collected will be used for a variety of purposes:
- Monitoring local economic trends.
- Preparing the Durham Region and local municipal business directories.
- Analyzing and promoting local business sectors for either tourism or business generation.
- Developing business attraction and retention strategies.
- Forecasting infrastructure and hard service requirements.
- Transit service planning.
What about confidentiality?
All data published by the Region will be grouped together showing statistical highlights. Your business will not be identifiable. You will have the option to have your company's contact information included in the business directory.
Identifying the Business Count team
The Business Count team is recognizable by their navy blue Region of Durham shirts and photo ID cards.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the business count, please contact:
Planning and Economic Development Department
905-668-7711 ext. 2698