About the Review
- Potential policy changes to the Regional Official Plan.
- Directions and/or actions necessary to reinforce the Region’s primary role as housing facilitator, researcher, monitor and social housing provider.
The Durham Region Housing Review will be conducted through the preparation of a series of Background Reports, to be released consecutively, addressing:
- Housing policy context, trends and indicators.
- Supply of housing and development activity.
- Housing affordability.
- Specialized housing needs.
The series of Housing Review Background Reports will serve to:
- Address housing issues within Durham.
- Establish a basis for monitoring the effectiveness of the Region’s policies in influencing housing market conditions