Tell a FriendTell a Friend

Immunization Notices

What do I do?

If you have received a letter from Durham Region Health Department, requesting up-to-date immunization information for your child/children, please follow the instructions in the letter.

Immunization law

Be Wise Immunize

Vaccinate... Then Update!

How to Report

Provide vaccine updates using one of the following ways:

Always include your child’s legal name, date of birth, school/daycare.

To keep children healthy, students under 18 years of age attending school in Ontario must provide proof of immunization against the following diseases, as outlined in the Immunization of School Pupils Act:

The Durham Region Health Department keeps immunization records of children attending school to make sure they are up-to-date according to age and schedule.

During the school year, students who are missing required immunizations will receive a notice from Durham Region Health Department to update this information.

Healthcare Providers do not provide updates to the Health Department. Parents must provide these updates.

What do I need to do?

  1. Check if your child is up-to-date.
    If you are unsure, talk to your healthcare provider (e.g., doctor, nurse practitioner)
  1. Update the Health Department with every immunization.

What happens if I receive a notice?

If your child’s record is not up-to-date according to their age and immunization schedule, you may receive a notice from the Health Department. The notice will have a deadline. Follow the instructions on the notice. Failure to provide the required immunization information after multiple warnings or notices may result in suspension from school.

Immunization Exemption

Your child may be exempt for immunizations due to medical, religious, or philosophical/conscience reasons. Please call us for one of the following exemption forms:

The correct and original forms must be submitted with proper signatures.

See the risks and responsibilities for your child if your child is not immunized.