The Children's Services Division will:
- Provide effective and efficient delivery of directly operated services and programs.
- Play a leadership role in the development, delivery and maintenance of high-quality, affordable and accessible children's services and programs in Durham Region.
- Promote continuous learning, while supporting innovative and creative approaches to program and service delivery.
- Plan measurable outcomes for program and service delivery, evaluating its work on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement a public education strategy to address the critical importance of providing adequate, high-quality services and programs that empower families to act on behalf of their children.
- Monitor the ongoing implementation of the Children's Services Management Plan to ensure that the document continues to reflect current community and divisional issues and concerns.
- Develop and implement a plan to address barriers to access that includes an annual financial commitment to the elimination of barriers.
- Demonstrate that programs and services are modified (where needed) to meet the individual needs of children.