Leaf and Yard Waste
- View the Residential Waste Collection Calendars to find your next collection day
- Leaf and Yard Waste Frequently Asked Questions
- Brush and thatch
- Christmas trees
- Fallen fruit from trees
- Garden trimmings
- Hedge and tree trimmings/branches
- House and garden plants
- Pumpkins and decorative corn stalks
Christmas Tree Collection
- Collected in January - check your calendar
- Please ensure that Christmas trees do not become frozen or stuck in snow banks. Trees buried in snow banks will not be collected.
- Natural Christmas trees (without tinsel, decorations, ornaments, stands or plastic tree bags) may be set out for collection
- Natural Christmas trees exceeding three meters (10 feet) must be cut in half for collection.
General Yard Waste Collection Tips
- Place your yard waste in kraft paper yard waste bags or clearly labelled rigid open-top reusable containers. Containers cannot exceed 20 kg (44 pounds). Yard waste set out in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Securely tie brush in bundles up to one metre (three feet) in length, and 76 centimetres (30 inches) in width, weighing no more that 20 kilograms (44 pounds).
- Brush and tree trimmings must be 10 centimetres (four inches) or less in diameter.
Please check your collection calendar for Yard Waste collection in your area.