Class Environmental Assessment to address
Limitations at the
Duffin Creek Water Pollution Control Plant
York Region and Durham Region are conducting a joint study to identify the preferred method of addressing the future capacity limitations of the existing outfall at Duffin Creek Water Pollution
Control Plant (WPCP). This work is being undertaken through a Schedule C Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA).
The Municipal Class EA study will define the issues to be addressed including:
- Defining the need for upgrading the capacity of the existing outfall
- Identifying feasible alternatives
- Evaluating the (technical, natural, social/cultural, and economic) impacts of the alternatives
- Recommending a preferred solution(s) with appropriate mitigation measures as required
The Class EA process being followed will offer members of the public and agencies opportunities to provide input. This website will be regularly updated to provide the latest available information on the Class EA Study to all concerned.
If this information is required in an accessible format, please contact 1-800-372-1102 ext. 2834.
- Duffin Creek WPCP Outfall EA Public Information Flyer 2 (PDF)
- Duffin Creek WPCP Outfall EA Public Information Flyer (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What and Where is the Duffin Creek Water Pollution Control Plant (WPCP)?
- Future Capacity Limitations of Existing Outfall
- What is a Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA)?
- The Minister of the Environment's Conditions
- Public Consultation Program
- Stakeholders Advisory Committee
- Study Progress
- Related Programs and Projects
- MOE Consultation
- Peer Review Documents
- Outfall Video
- Virtual Library
- Contact Us