Volunteer and Tour Information
Many volunteer opportunities are available at Fairview Lodge
- Are you interested in demonstrating your care and compassion for others?
- Do you enjoy socializing and like to help others?
- Do you believe in the importance of helping others?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, Fairview Lodge Volunteer Services would like to speak with you. Please call 905-668-5851 ext. 262, or complete the Volunteer Application (PDF) and return it to reception at Fairview Lodge.
The Long-Term Care & Services for Seniors Division continues to advocate on behalf of seniors and long-term care clients. Fairview Lodge works co-operatively with the community and organizations to provide service excellence.
Volunteers are recognized as being essential and vital members of Fairview Lodge's care team. They are caring individuals who devote time, talents and knowledge without expectations of financial returns.
How to become a volunteer?
Contact the Coordinator of Volunteer Services at 905-668-5851 ext. 262. They will be happy to provide more information and set up a time that is convenient to your schedule to get you started.
Why do people volunteer?
- An opportunity for personal growth.
- Belief in the importance of helping others.
- School or course requirements.
- Career or work experience.
- A chance to share special (unique) skills.
- A feeling of being involved in an issue of importance.
- The opportunity to be a friend!
Our volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.
We believe that the Volunteer Services Program improves the quality of life for the residents by enhancing the relationship of the community to the home and by augmenting the services of the staff.
Volunteer programmes include:
- Friendly visiting.
- Tuck shop.
- Recreation programs: providing support to staff with music programs, outings, crafts and parties.
- Therapy programs: providing support to staff with exercise and walking programs.
- Spiritual care.
- Mealtime Assistant: assisting staff to enhance the dining experience.
Fairview Lodge Volunteer Newsletter
Our commitment to you
- All volunteers participate in an orientation and training process upon initial recruitment.
- Ongoing opportunities to participate in workshops and in-services.
- Recognition for being a volunteer.
- A lot of smiles and thank-yous!
Facts about our volunteers
- Fairview Lodge is very fortunate to have 152 registered volunteers, ranging from six months to 84 years of age.
- Volunteers provide an average of 512 hours per month.
- Our volunteers are involved in 27 different programs.
- We are proud to have many residents' family members as volunteers.
- During our annual Summer Festival we rely on more than 150 volunteers to assist with the day's activities.
- In 2011, volunteers provided 7,429.75 hours of service.
- We support the Board of Education Student Mandatory Community Service Hours Program.
Behind every good cause is a group of great
Tours of our Fairview Lodge site are available. To obtain information on these tours, please call 905-668-5851.