Want to Quit?
- Strange as it sounds, it takes practice to be a smoker. You probably had a hard time inhaling when you started, but you learned how to smoke… and you can learn how to quit. It might take you a few tries – don’t give up!
- Make a list of why you’re quitting. Keep copies of your list where you keep your cigarettes (jacket, pocket, car, purse, etc) and read the list before you light up.
- Make small changes - if you always smoke in the house, try going outside. If you’re used to having a cigarette with a cup of coffee, try waiting until after your coffee or changing your drink.
- Make your home and car smoke-free... it is a great first step to quitting!
- Learn about methods that can help you quit. Decide on a quit plan and find support that works for you. Check out quit tips to learn how to cope with cravings.